View Single Post
Old 19-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-4 Q&A, application for your engine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazman View Post

3 - I get that, but looking at your jet flow chart the 3 jets appear to flow too much at low pressures and wouldn't atomize very well down at 20-30psi. That was why I was thinking of running a small jet for low rpm that can operate at 160psi yet still give the right amount for low rpm and then have 2 big jets for as the boost and rpm builds. Am I missing something?

BTW: Lag from this rear mount? If I load the converter it will boost from a stop thanks to a 2800rpm stall converter. People get too carried away trying to set turbos too close to the engine thinking the added temp is important. It really isn't near as important as having free flowing plumbing in and out.

I think you are confused with our "PWM valve" system to a "progressive Pump speed" system (PPS) offered by all the other manufacturers.

The inline valve system does not exhibit those non-linear delivery curve (bottom heavy) offered by the PPS system, I will try to illustrate:

As you can see, feed the same duty cycle (%DC) yielded a complete different flow curve between the systems. Your concern regarding low RPM flow is fully justified. Until you have actually used an aquamist system, you will appreciate the difference.

Your second concern on delivery latency is common to the PPS system. The delay of reaching the flow target will depend on the hose length. For a trunk mount set up, in can be up to seconds rather milliseconds compared to the PWM-valve, constant pressure setup.

Here is a chart to make it clearer.