View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Nozzle spray angle...

Port injection costs three extra jets, that is all.
You can get 4 jets with integrated check valves form aquamist and combine them with any feed of pressurized mix you like.
To test the post supercharger jet, just get a extra jet for this and as parmas said, try it out.

My system is a former Auqamist 2c. After I had pump issues, I installed a Flotec 160PSI pump and slightly modified the aquamist loom to maintain functionality, .ie. Blue LED and system off if tank is empty and to maintain the pump runs indicator.
I kept the constant presure supply and the Aquamist fast acting valve controlled by the ECU. The valve does not care what jets I mount. :-) As long as the pump is up to it, it works, The pump itself runs to its preset pressure and stops. Should the railö pressure drop due to injection, it automatically starts again. It also triggers a LED in my cockpit. The faster it flickers, the more I inject. :-)

With water you will lose power unless you advance the ignition timing. The more you drop power, the more water enters the cylinder in the form of mist.

Regarding jets, I'd purchase a selection. For the port injection, I am on 4x 0.4mm C aquamist jets and have the feeling I could even go to 4x 0.5mm. Literally, the more I inject, the more power I can extract after a ignition adjustment.

If your ECU has a adaptive fueling option, just give it your desired target AFR and let it sort the fueling with the extra alcohol injected.

If you start with water, you'll find the engine will sound soft. This is a indication of the slower and delayed burn.

In terms of space, you need some 3cm above the plenum for the jet, a piece of 4mm tubing and a 90 deg bend.

Other manufacturers may have flatter jets or some that are mounted to a 90 deg bend.
I have good experience with the Aquamist jets. You can maintain them as they are screwed together from two pieces, never had once blocked up, contain a filter fritt. Always use a pre filter. No component of any WI system likes any dirt or mineral deposits. Always use deionized water. If it's marked for drinking, it is no good as RO purified water for drinking purposes has minerals added for tast and health.

Last edited by rotrex; 04-05-2016 at 11:33 PM.