View Single Post
Old 13-05-2006, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdminus
Sure i spray 100% meth into the throttle body with 2 jets and a controller.

You can tune it using a wide band 02 sensor. an egt gauge and knock detector is also preferable during tuning.

AFR is a calculation from lambda.. When you make a blended fuel by added one or more differant types like this the stoich alteres. You could waste your time by working out the new stoich but why bother. lambda is a constant thing unlike afr which alteres. eg petrol 14.7:1 and ethanol 9:1. If you added the two fuels together it would create a differant stocih value. Therefore 14.7:1 on you afr gauge wold no longer be stocih. it would be above stoich Does this make sense.

howeva 1.0 Lambda is constant. you could mix petrol with meth or meth with coca cola 1.0 lambda would still be complete combustion. Therefore if you tune to a lambda value you will tune for a fixed value.

Scott

sdminus@yahoo.co.uk
Awsome explaination sd i get what your saying .... but pardon my lack of experience but how would i go about measureing lambda?

Correct me if i'm wrong but if i get what your saying when measuring lambda i will tune the ECU so as to get as close to 1.0 across the band ?

Interesting !
Hugh Gordon