View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 12:21 AM

I would agree that you had not reached or passed MBT just trying to bring out more of the details.

I also agree that getting much over 850* I would have stopped leaning you took it farther than I would have. Your results are just so much different from the results I achieved with the 2.0 wrx on both the td-04 at 19psi peak and the vf34 at 21psi peak. Trust me John not doubting your results just trying to understand them.

There is no doubt your boost, AFR and whatever supplement will be the primary determinant of EGT, was just making sure there wasn't timing induced det raising the EGTs but your timing was nowhere advanced enough for that. Your EGTs and det were definitely induction mixture level related for your boost level based on the additional information - but again at odds with my own exeperiences. Did you test the flow of your Aquamist system to make sure it was flowing as much as you thought?

You were using the 2d? What size are your fuel injectors and what was their max IDC? Another thing that has become common is that when using upgraded injectors with the 2d you are lowering your IDC which is also what the the HSV is referencing - therefore your injection mixture is going down too - as your EGTs are going up. Bad thing. The solution here has been with upgraded injectors to use two jets. I have even made a intercooler to throttle body hose with two bosses in it to assist with this without tapping the intercooler.

With those EGTs which I would have never gone near - I would actually say you were not flowing as much injection as you think. Did you have the manifold pressure sensor set to its max setting?

Sorry for the twenty questions. I want to either identify where something in this implementation didn't succeed as it should have not in theory but my actual use - or if there is something truely unusual with the results I and others have gotten with the EJ20 in the US.

At this point I suspect lowered IDCs at less than max Aquamist pressure and flow without a second jet may be the reason for your results. You just should not have been seeing those EGTs with 10% water/methanol mix.

Sorry for the rambling run-on sentences.