View Single Post
Old 15-03-2006, 01:42 AM

Default Greetings.....

Thank you for the quick reply on srtforums, Richard!

Basically here is the plan

Here is my basic set up

Built engine with 8.8 compression vs. 8.1 stock. bored .020 over
Fuel injectors are 682cc @ 75 psi. 2728 cc/min total flow. (682cc/min*4)
S3 w/o toys-MITSUBISHI TD05/10cm2 Turbo-...but I will have a toybox soon....hello HOM.
Lorenzo 60 mm TB+60mm adapter.
Ported intake manifold.
Full 3" turbo back-maxfabb SEE- w/o cat.
I have not datalogged or used an A/F gauge yet, but i have changed the v/e of the engine enough to warrant about 11.0 @ WOT. that should be 1 point or so leaner that w/o the porting
I am estimating 335 hp without HOM....385 with HOM?
I am considering a direct port set up or dual nozzle set up.

If I were to go dual nozzle I would probably follow turbojack's nozzle placement.

The only thing I see as a potential problem with the multi nozzle set up is the ability to monitor a clogged nozzle. It looks as if the multi-nozzle set up would lose the ability to detect if just one nozzle is blocked. If you were to use a flow detector on each nozzle , it would be pricey to say the least.

I have the 2d kit and it comes with a FI computer but it is more of a shadowing device of the FI pulses vs. a full mappable set up such as turbojack's.

I was thinking of something along the lines of a DP+ IC end tank type set up ~5 nozzzles.

If I were to try a dual nozzle set up first I would probably go a .9 in the IC and a .8 before the TB

I'm guesing here but I think a .8 in the IC and a set of 4x .1 jets in the intake runners would be a good place to start at in trying to achieve 24/7HOM. I think a larger jet in the IC would go a long way to cool down intake temps and smaller jets in the runners would help control the detonation. I think what is needed is the ability to control the intake temps and surpress detonation. I think the key would be total saturation of the air intake charge,but not oversaturate it. Literally, you will need a perfect even dist of h2o.

I would like to try A 4X .3 setup but i think that would cause to large of a pressure drop in the line.Do the aquamist kits with the high speed injector valve keep a constant pressure, or will the pressure drop with the addition of extra jets?. If you are going only DP you would not get nearly the charege cooling and supression of det you would normally get with and IC jet + DP.

What do you think of a 6 nozzle set up?

(Intercooler end tank jet)+(Throttle Body jet)+(Direct Port jets)= .(total nozzle size,distribution)

.2+.2+(.2x4 )=.12 total?

or

.3+.1+(.2x4 )=.12 total?

or

.7+.1+(.1x4 )=.12 total?

or

.6+.2+(.1x4 )=.12 total?

Do you think it would be better to inject more at the begging of the air tract tapering down or inject less ta the begging of the air tract and increase as the air charge progresses?
I am of the opinion that LESS NOZZLE ARE BETTER THAN MORE....I would like to keep it simple....
hmmmmm......