View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 02:54 AM

I did some of the reinstall revision yesterday and today.

To clean up the WI installation I decided to eliminate the fuel cell and use the washer tank instead. The washer tank is well below where I mounted the Aquamist pump. I have anticipated that a priming pump will have to be used for get water to the Aquamist pump, unlike my old setup where the priming pump was mainly for increasing the pressure capabilities of the Aquamist pump using the pulse extender since the fuel cell was above the pump. I have purchased the 806-500 recently, does this eliminate the pulse extender or is this just for priming pump activation?

I want to replace my current priming pump, I want to purchase the Flowjet 122-202 and use this as a priming pump. Before purchasing this can you tell me if there is any hardware available that you know of that would fit onto these barbs but accept the 6mm line? Is there any importance of the priming pump mounting location......nearer to the supply tank......below the supply pickup......closer to the Aquamist pump....ect.?

On the 3rd revision of the diagram you made me the two-way inline valve is labeled as 806-238 and the wires are red and blue. The two-way inline valve I have is labeled 806-234 and the wires are red and brown. Is there anything here to be concerned with?

Concerning the purple wire from the FIA in the 3rd revision diagram, can you explain this hook up for me so I do not make any errors?
EDIT: I think I found the correct answer in this thread http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1104.

If I?m already using the DDS3, the lamps on the FIA2 are more for diagnostics and dialing in the 806-157, not monitoring correct?

The orange wire ?LED ? resistor ? red wire from the FIA2 (blocked jet) is a redundant warning, or used for diagnostics of the HSV hookup since the flow sensor and the DDS3 should see the blocked jet as well. The reason I ask this and the above question is the pass compartment location of these items?.I?m debating on a pillar pod since dash space is limited without cutting and fabricating.

In the diagram there shows to be two red wires from the FIA2. One goes to a fuse then switched power, the other goes to the HSV and gets tapped for the blocked jet LED. Which red wire from the FIA2 goes to which device/end point, does it matter, or am I over thinking things? Can you clarify this so that I hook this up correctly?
EDIT: I think I found the correct answer in this thread, http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1104
If I'm correct I can hook this up to my Zeitronix's user selected input so I can see this eaisly when I want to

The inline two-way inline valve (806-234), I?m going to be using this for boost cut only, and this will get the signal based on the settings in the DDS3. The car has a factory wastegate solenoid that I do not want to interfere with since this is integral with the proper function of the DAB (Dial-A-Boost) option in the toys package. This device (806-234) can go in line and exist with the factory wastegate solenoid, correct? If it can I do not need to put in a bleed, correct? I?m trying to think about this and above may sound like a noob question but I really want to keep the current boost level (stage III is spiking at 23.5 lbs), IMO that?s plenty of boost I really don?t think more boost is needed, just less fuel (without any fuel trimming and using my Zeitronix system, the Mopar stage III is showing EGT?s spiking at around 925c sometimes). I?m thinking that if I tune out some of the dumped fuel using the PSI-FI piggy back (probably no more then 12.2 AFR), replace the dumped fuel with the water and use HOM and keep the current boost I?ll be about where I want if things work well. If the WI does have a failure or does not work well, the two-way inline valve would just bump boost?.no need for a bleed (raised boost), correct, do I need to reread things about WGA?s and boost solenoids?

With the DDS3 power off, is the inline two-way valve dumping boost?

With regards to the flow sensor and HSV. With the new revisions does the flow sensor still need to be after the HSV to be most effective? Can I have the flow sensor hooked up right at the pressure switch (806-162) then followed directly by the HVS? Currently I have the HSV after the pressure switch and before the flow sensor.

Last question, I think it might mean little?..but can I have the two jets that are controlled by the HSV located unequally away from the HSV? Basically the new setup is temporarily installed as follows, a sort length of hose is coming out of the HSV, and then a Y connector with one short length of hose going to a jet located near the throttle body, with another longer length of hose going to a jet located in the IC exit tank.