View Single Post
Old 14-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-4 intro, application for your engine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by okswerve16 View Post
Thanks for the support! I signed up for the group buy, I plan on running the HFS-4 with direct port injection on an audi a4 fsi motor is there any new info that I will need for install verse your older systems.
Is there a reason why you are going for direct port?

I was more concernng about the reaction time of the meth delievery. There is delay due to having to purge the air out and to refill a network of hoses due to the syphoning effect of engine vacuum.

If the direct port is being used for suppliementing the lack in capacity of the FSI injectors for high power application, than the installation is quite straight forward. You won't need to trigger the system until mid to high load. Delivery delay is no longer of any concern if you trigger the system slightly earlier.

But if you commencement of the injection id from low to mid load, the delay will affect the smoothness of the delivery because theere isnlt much time between refilling the hoses and spraying. Under this conditions, you must add four checkvalves behind each jet to stop the vacuum from syhoning the fluid out of the hoses.

Here is a link to such as example:
(see a small checkvalve is inserted behind each jet.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...p?t=781&page=3

For long term trouble free operation, good filtering is essential.