View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Switching from E85 to 98 Ron +50% water/meth mixture.

That flow should be a good starting point.
Power wise you should be able to hit similar numbers if tuned correctly.
As usual I recommend direct port injection right i front of the fuel injectors to get the most out of the water component.
I believe the reason the US folks getting better results with higher methanol content is that they centrifuge their water out of the air flow as the mist has to take tight turns though the plenum. That water stream will pass right through the engine with little effect combustion.
if the run a higher methanol content, they get more benefit from it. the methanol evaporates even as a stream and acts as a high octane fuel.

Once you run direct port nozzles on the top side of the plenum right in front of the fuel injectors, the mist has a chance to make it pass the intake valves.
See the picture of my Rover K with direct port wate injection. The mist hit the piston front and rear in a uniform matter on all 4 cylinders. It shows that water mist is paying both the front and the rear face of the intake valves just like the fuel does.

Have you also considered installing a dual injection system? Add a extra bank of fuel injectors, a fuel pump and a small race gas tank. Then inject race gas, e85 or even pure methanol or ethanol when on full throttle? You need ECU support to operate a 2nd injector bank.
Frank Profera does this with his Lotus running 680HP out of 1.8l. He uses pure isopropanol as WOT fuel.