View Single Post
Old 15-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Aquamist HFS-3 system for 2010 ..... "Q and A"

It is unusual to see knock on on a relatively 98 ron fuel. Has your boost been turned up?

The HFS-3v2 (now shipping) has the ability to read all the Direct injested cars. Just contact me know and I will send you the information how to configure it for your car.

Apart from Aquamist, all makes of wmi system on the market is based on pump speed. A PPS (progressive pump speed) system relies on pressure to bridge its dymanic range. For example, to double the flow, you need to quadruple the pressure.

A wmi system often start as 50psi and ramp up to 200psi (standard trim). So the flow coverage can only serve a power change between 100 to 200bhp. Even at 250 psi, the converage only extends from 100-225bhp. (A little more).

Marketing do miss out soem facts. a PPS system does spray at 250 psi all the time. IN fact it rarely stay at this pressure unless you are at full boost all the time. A dairy drive with occasional burst of power means your average pressure is much less than 150psi.

The aquamist system sends pwm pulsed to an inline valve, similar to a fuel injector. Pressure is kept constant at 160psi. Regardless of low and high flow delivery, you get the same 160 psi pressure for atomisation.

To the contrary, the PPS system will suffer from lagging power transient response due to the mass of the rotating pump motor. Slow to ramp up and slow to stop (dribble). The aquamist system line is kept at 160psi at all time, it only takes a few thousandth of a second to reach full flow and stop spraying.

If you are interested, I will post some videos.