View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Checkvalve failure

Hi
I just found problem in my coolingmist system.....Few weeks ago I noticed drop in water level, car was not driven at this time, so water just dissapear from tank.....I start to checking all fittings, pump etc, but no signs of water leak.....Just note, I have 2 nozzle setup (before turbo, before TB) both nozzles have brass checkvalves (supplied by coolingmist) in their lines....I was really nervous about water missing, but just last thing that I checked was right one.....I disconnect inlet turbo hose and 1/2 litre of water comes out of it :shock: :?
Yes, checkvalve for pre turbo nozzle (located below in relation to tank) was stuck open......and water slowly siphoned through pump and nozzle into hose and turbo. Yes, turbo (compresor housing) was flooded with water.
I removed this checkvalve to confirm that it is stuck open. Put thin screwdriver in it and push few times against flap inside. It moves normally, no signs of something wrong with/in it. After this it closes perfectly again....Something must was inside, I really dont know. Sure, Im using only distilled water in system.
Put it back, all is normal again. I will add 3rd checkvalve right after pump to prevent this in future. And yes, turbocharger last it, it working fine (no blade damage, no axis movement), just some water comes to oil, but after long run without any WI it comes out through breather.

Did you ever meet with similar failure?