View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Questions on my direct port meth setup

All,

Got back on the dyno yday and impressed with the results!

I did another base run which was 390whp on this dyno, after tuning the direct port with 0.5MM nozzles (and no 5th nozzle) I managed 433whp with zero boost changes (only AFR and Timing).

Not bad if you ask me.

Made a total max gain of 45whp and 4kg of torque but at peak power (8,000rpm) made 43whp gain and 2kg torque.

We noticed only about 0.5 AFR drop when we initially started spraying meth, I believe 0.6MM nozzles could have been used and we would have seen richer drop in AFR (or adding a 5th nozzle) but end of the day, we leaned it out to 12.1 AFR (true AFR of 12.6) and the car was in a sweet spot!! We must have put 20+ runs on it and every one was perfect, zero counts of knock and VERY healthy smooth runs (using det cans of course).

Added about 3-4 degree of timing and done (this is my track setup, don't want to go too crazy).

Will send post dyno graph soon.

One thing I also noticed, with the jets out of manifold, I tested and set SC to 6 bars on graph, but when in the manifold it would only show 4 bars. Should I adjust the SC one notch to the right or leave it?

Rob