View Single Post
Old 20-09-2014, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Using Aquamist for brake cooling system!?

The issue with the S2000 is that you cant fit bigger brakes under the OEM wheels and that the rear discs aren't vented. What tends to happen is that front brakes get heat soaked and then the bias goes more towards the rear and the rears overheat and this happens.

Im just hoping to get the temperature down by another 150c or so just enough to give the pads and easier life and to prevent the fade i occasionally experience. Hopefully my new ducting and spray will archive this.

Pump wise it was dirt cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011222180...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I know its cheap and reliability will be a unknown factor but it will hardly ever run apart from when i do trackdays maybe 6-7 times a year. I do need to measure the pumps actually output thou. Looking at the flow charts for the jets the 2x 6mm jets would use about 500ml a minute at 100psi. This would suggest the pump is supplying this sort of pressure as i emptied my 5 litres in 10 minutes but i know until i fit a gauge then i don't really know.

The pump might only run for 15 seconds every minute during braking and then switch off.

Can anyone recommend a decent pump? I looked at the AEM meth pump ?130 and high pressure but it has push in 1/4 nylon fittings which arent compatible with my aquamist fittings. Aquamist pump looks good but pricey
Internal bypass pump would be best because i could then fit a solenoid near the jets that would be operate by the relay. Im just abit wary of spending alot of money on something thats not necessary but obviously im open to suggestions.

Oh and check valves are sorted, i read up abit on here before hand and sourced some check valves to work with the 4mm pipe

Last edited by markff; 20-09-2014 at 12:48 PM.