View Single Post
Old 24-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal
Well, the car is finished and here are the pictures I took today. I'll start with the pump.

Mounting bracket and pump location:

And yes, I tapped some M5x0.9 holes so I could just bolt it right down.

Then I got a little crazy with the split loom and spiral wrap to protect the meth line and clean up the wiring:

Jon welded up the rest of my bracketry so all I had to do was paint it, bolt it in place, strap down the tank, and make the floor fit around it:

After testing for leaks, we filled the tank with a 50/50 mix and it went on the dyno:

Previously the car made 361 whp on 91 octane with 21 pounds of boost. Now with 21 psi it makes 390whp. Going farther on the stock map sensor means there is no boost cut, so we left it there for now. Later on I'm sure we'll put in a new MAP sensor and see what it will really do. This is a stock engine, though, so we're reluctant to push too far. Stupid stock pistons.

Impressions:

I like the HFS-6. A lot.

Wiring up the HFS-5 board never bothered me, and in fact I liked doing it because each installation was custom and all the wires were exactly the right length. With the HFS-6, I have to say the RJ connectors for everything is very nice. Having most of the harnesses pre-set in length worried me a bit, but I ended up with very little extra wiring to deal with. Most of the extra on the trunk harness, and it's just zip-tied together and tucked under the tank. Aside from the tank fabrication, the installation was quick and easy. The fact that I've installed plenty of aquamist kits helped, but I am really impressed to have had no issues whatsoever with the installation of ths brand new product. This one came out of the group buy and must be one of the first to be installed and tuned. I've previously had some issues with the HFS-5, like getting the boost cut to work without throwing a CEL, systems that reset when the lights were turned on, and had a trip-adj pot reversed. All I have to say is this is a really, really great kit. Thanks Richard.

Also, I suppose I could post this up on some Subaru forums.

Another great set of pictures. I really think you should post the same onto other forums such as the NASIOC and IWSTi, quite a few people are asking querstions about the HFS-6 install and not many replies.. Please also include the first set of picture also. Not many people has seen the inside of the controller.