View Single Post
Old 24-08-2010, 07:13 PM

Talking Re: HFS-3 Eaton Charged 1600

Ok well we are getting there with it now.

Got more time on the rollers luckily tomorrow, had today to mess about a bit more with it. We are having a few problems with the car at the moment, seems to be missing some power, nothing W/I related though.

With 100% water, at peak power the air temp drop was from 47c at full boost down to 29c which is good, ambient temp was 22c today, tomorrow I will be trying the 60:40 methanol water mix. Hoping to see a bit more drop in temperature. At full power, egt at the headers were 690c so it's still very cool, alot more advance can be used I think.

The system so far is working very well, for me I think it will be best to inject water from a low injector duration possibly 25% as this keeps temperatures down going in to the engine. After playing with the gain, we have the 5-6 bars at full flow peaking at 7 on spool up and adjusted the wh pot to suit the failsafe configuration.

There is alot to learn with this kit, and the set up on my car, i am contemplating running a 0.5 jet in at charger intake to see what happens.

I'll keep this updated, its been a frustrating day!

John