View Single Post
Old 19-08-2009, 02:51 PM

Interesting results from your testing below Scott, but it looks to me like the results are largely due to the water only test being the leanest (closest to optimum) mixture. Does that seem true, or am I missing something? ? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdminus
G max are really hard to buy from. You have to give them so many details.

Im gonna have to drop the nitro plans for now and tune with water meth.
I need to race in may and test in april.

In desperation i used 20% niro mix RC fuel. I was injecting with a map sensor driven ramp up in delivery. This was up to a peak of 4 GPH at full boost 1.10 Bar. ( boost varies from 0.98 bar to 1.10 bar) There was no noted gain from the logs.
I loged the following
100% water
100% Meth
50:50 water meth
10:74:18 nitro meth edl oil ( RC fuel)
20:70:10 nitro meth edl oil ( RC fuel)
And a contol measure with no injection
These were all logged at a peak fueling of 90% of 44GPH with a ramp to 4 GPH of additional mix

I used the same ramp on the same strech of track (LOL) on the same day at similar charge temps
The clear performance winner was 100% water which i was surprised about.
I didnt alter my tune for any of the runs,

I have the details of these logs. ( all apart from egt ) if any body wants further details let me know.

If i can get the pure nitro i will go for the 50:50 mix or a metered 100% nitro. ( 100% nitro would only give me 10% of my over all fuel in nitro )

I have other jets which total 8 GPH so far.

Scott

I have been working from some figures complied which indicate the max amount of water of water meth you can add to XX air temp and achieve good atomisation. Does anybody have details for nitromethane. In all the above tests i was injecting way to much mixture. I have simince done a 50:50 meth water tune and reduced my afrs to 11.8 afr. I am yet to get an egt to see the exact implications of this, However the previous AFR was in the mid to low 10's at 1.10 Bar