View Single Post
Old 28-11-2011, 11:08 PM

Default Re: 2006 STi Gauge turns off when Blower fan is turned on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
This is indeed very puzzling. I like to continue on some more diagnostic work if you don't mind. I have not had this happening on the v2 at all, thats why I am taking a special interest on tracking down the cause.

Are you using the wiring diagram for the 06sti on this site? Can you give me some help:

Where is ...
1. Red wire of the molex connector taken from.
2. The 12AWG red pump(+) cable
3. The red wire of the grey connector

I assume the red and black wire of the molex connector is grounded to a good chassis ground.

I will start be correcting a glaring typos that I made in the thread title and throughout this thread. This car is in fact a 2006 not a 2007.

It appears that all the dash wiring is essentially the same, but I know that it may change the diagnostic process a bit. Maybe you can change the thread title for me to reflect the correct year for other that may have similar issues.

Ok, so:

1. The red wire from the Molex connector is connected to the y/rd wire I mentioned using many times previous. (I dont know if this helps you, but its pin 6 on the blue connector B271). Its been a known good 12v source for many, many other subarus Ive working on.

2. The power to the pump goes right from the Howerton Engineering tank box located in the trunk, down the driver's side (left side) rocker panel under the carpet and out into the engine bay to the battery. I originally began my testing with the pump relay unplugged, it doesn't seem to matter if its plugged in or not.

3. The red wire from the grey connector, (The ECU connector) is spliced into pin 14 on the D137 ECU connector. The wire is grn/red.

Sorry about the model year mistake!