View Single Post
Old 19-11-2003, 12:34 PM

As already stated, there really isn't anywhere to inject with an Eaton blower except somewhere before the TB, or into a TB riser plate. I have the L67 in my car, as well (But the Series 1), and ran mine about 5" before the TB. If you're going to do this, I strongly suggest removing the MAF screen. This can cause other problems, though, unless your intake is set up correctly. The MAF screen may defeat (to some extent) the fine mist an Aquamist nozzle produces, as droplets form on the screen in a re-constituted form. If you remove the MAF screen on an L67-powered car with a stock airbox, you will typically see an erratic idle. At the very least you need a 'gutted' airbox, but I suggest a mandrel-bent intake pipe with an open-element filter to get enough laminar flow in order to be able to remove the MAF screen with no ill effects.

The Teflon on the rotors actually serves no real purpose, as the rotors don't (or aren't supposed to) contact anything. The teflon is mainly (from my understanding) to prevent carbon buildup, which the water injection would solve, anyway. I ran my 3rd prototype system for 4 months last summer before rebuilding my Eaton M62 (not because it needed it, but for the benefit of the members of another automotive forum). I saw no negative effects on my rotors, which already had 80,000 miles on them.

I didn't do any in-depth testing on timing/knock, or dyno numbers, but my 'seat of the pants' dyno said I gained some significant performance. I'm in the process of planning another system, and now have a good scantool and G-tech Pro Competition to charactarize with this time.

The beauty of the SC application (roots, not CSC) is that you can inject before the rotors. With the turbo application, you're forced to inject after the turbo to prevent impeller damage, which requires a high-pressure pump. You can inject with low-pressure in the roots blower application. In fact, a simple venturi/vacuum feed actually works in this application. My first 'prototype' if you could call it that, was a simple bottle of water with a siphon tube inserted in the intake. It sucked water in by itself.

Because of the ease of injection with the roots blower application, it's alot easier to fabricate your own custom system.