View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtal
When do you plan to do this ?
I will be the responsible to making things happen by designing the interface electronics to modified the MAF sensor. It will be a time well worth spending if the car can repond to the modification.

I have look at the car careful on Friday when Mike came. I am thinking of two other possibilities to trimming ignition and fuel, but MAF sensor seemed to be the obvious, if anyone have any suggestion, please chime in to help.

1) MAF sensor. MY ASSUMPTIOS: if the upper portion of air flow signal (on boost) can be scaled down so the fuel will be trimmed by the ECU. Since the engine is seeing lighter load, it might automatically put some timing advance. Plausible?

2) Air temperature sensor MY ASSUMPTIONS: if engine is seeing hotter air, it will trim fuel but it might also be retarding timing (not good). Suggestion?

3) Engine Coolant Sensor MY ASSUMPTIONS: when engine sees higher than normal coolant temperature, it should reduce fuel, but will it retard timing also?

Mike, I have a question. Have you ECU been reprogrammed? If so, what modifications was done? It might affect my work on your car. If a data looging facility is available, it will make life a great deal simplier.

WORK DONE TO DATE:
I have spliced in a from the MAF sensor to the cockpit so Mike can read the maximum MAF sensor voltage.

At idle the sensor reads 1.2-1.4V and increase to nearly 3V when throttle is blipped. Thas is what I have time for on Friday. Will update when more work is being done.

Richard