View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Injecting prior to turbo comp' impellers

Ok, quick update, it's been in the 20's here in New Jersey but I've been forcing myself to sit in the garage with a space heater to get this work done. I ended up ripping out my tank and pump from the trunk and I still have to install an inline filter and properly mount eveything.

As of last night I finally finished my new custom layout in the engine bay, complete with custom fabricated plate and new lines. Please let me know what you think of my layout based on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_zlC...ature=youtu.be

-Due to the length of the wiring harness, the FAV has to stay on the passenger side of the car (see beginning of the video)
-4mm line runs across the front of the car above the radiator/fans to the drivers side
-4mm line runs under the custom fabricated plate to a 4mm T-fitting.
-The first end runs to the .6mm CVJ post intercooler for cooling
-The second end runs to the inlet on the 6-port distribution manifold
-The top four ports run under the MAF housing/air filter to the four direct port .6mm CVJs
-The fifth port loops to the solenoid (controlled by switch in cabin) which runs to the .3mm pre-turbo jet

Can you tell me if this looks good functionally? I know it's a TON of 4mm line after the FAV but I can't get the FAV wiring harness any longer to mount it on the custom fabricated plate along with the 6-port distribution manifold and solenoid. I would love to move it there but the harness is not long enough. I will data log the car on my water methanol software to see if there is any issue with flow or timing correction due to the added complexity of the system but at a pump pressure of 185psi with 5 total CVJs at 15psi cracking pressure, I'm hoping that an increase in GAIN or THRESH may help out.

Really looking forward to any feedback before data logging the pre-turbo jet.