View Single Post
Old 16-02-2017, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Intermittent HFS-3 Failure

Nope it is installed outside the truck in the space available in the hollow area of the front bumper. It is covered from the weather but has all ventilation being in the airflow ahead of the radiator. It is installed vertically with the hose connections on the bottom. It is fed fluid from the stock washer tank (new). The output of the tank is approximately 6" above the pump. The pump/system is currently powered and grounded with #10 wire directly to the battery through the supplied loom although the power relay/fuse was replaced as I previously mentioned. Maybe there is something in the pump or pressure relief valve causing a high current draw? Maybe whatever was in the pump ... (if there was ever anything there in the first place) has been washed out? At this point I don't think its a good idea to try anything unless you have got some ideas based on your years of dealing with these systems ... I'm planning to wait for the next failure ... impossible to troubleshoot a system that's working!