View Single Post
Old 01-02-2004, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged Performance
Dynos for diesels always throw me a bit on first glance. :lol:

If my calcs are right those peaks occur at about 2250 rpm?

Are these actual numbers at the wheel or are they corrected to crank numbers?

What vehicle is this in?

Update us with the mpg when you have some time with it.

Sorry to pile on the questions - this is an area I continue to want to learn more about.
Peak torque is between 2000 and 2250 rpm. Peak HP is around 2500.

These numbers are at the wheel/ground. They may be corrected to sea level, but that is a bit dicey. The flywheel HP and Torque numbers for this truck are 245 and 500 stock.

The truck is a 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 with the 5.9 ISB Cummins Diesel, and the 6 speed transmission. In the world of modifying these engines, I am basically stock. The only power enhancing item is the Edge EZ (only used in 25% of my driving) and the Water/Meth injection (only used in conjunction with the EZ, and then only when I feel like it :twisted: ). I plan on larger injectors and a hybrid turbo this year.

My fuel mileage is 14 - 17 city and 16 - 22 highway. The mileage on the injection system I will not know about until spring. I don't know that I will actually be able to get any numbers on that anyhow. I still need to do some tuning, and the main goal is EGT control while towing, not big power increases, therefore it is not on full time. Only at a pre set boost range between 8psi and 25psi (soon to be 25 psi and 35 psi) I may step down to only one injector, and/or turn down my pump.

Other TDR members that have installed this same kit have seen up to 120 HP and ??? Torque increases, with 150 to 300 degree drops in the EGT's. Fluid consumption is about 2mpg, but these are WOT drag races. Dyno runs might use only 10oz per run. The numbers say the larger kits using the two 625ml injectors use .330 gallons per minute at full pressure, and that is only when the boost is above 25psi (steep hills, or hard accelerations). Best estimates for those that use it commuting on the same path are getting about 80 mpg to the injection fluid, and combined fuel mileage is not enough to notice.

02 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, 3:54, 4x4, AFE Intake, US-Gear SD E-brake, PIF-EZ, PIF-Snow Performance W/M injection, Stage II fuel injectors

Will work for a hybrid turbo!