View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 09:48 AM

Default Re: sizing a pre comp boost pressurised system

regarding the set up of the system that is exactly what I was envisaging. I was debating swapping out the air check valve for a solenoid but you've rightly pointed out that when that is off, that pressure can't ever build beyond what the pressure in the reservoir was at the time that it triggered. Check valve it will be.

I know that to take FULL advantage of pre comp injection that a programmable ECU is needed and also that a bigger turbo is the way to go, but funds simply will not allow that. My turbo is grossly undersized. For instance I believe that a version of it is the turbo used on fords little 1.0L ecoboost triple. Its a little weapon on really tight hairpin riddled hillclimbs - I nearly got the class win against some pretty mental road registered V8's but is nowhere at places like the Bathurst hillclimbs and its that that I was hoping to help a tad.
I'm surprised that given how hard my turbo is being pushed that you don't think there is some potential there. I can see that I am kind of snookered - I won't be able to add much timing which would make the addition of methanol rather than 100% water seem necessary BUT in using methanol I'm adding another fuel to a system that I can't lean out.
Thinking about it, with my car I can feel that when I add timing that the spool rate drops off presumable due to lower EGT's but the top end picks up despite timing pull starting to appear. That's making me wonder if spraying early instead of only at the top end will work eg I could get my spool back (not too much hopefully because the car is traction limited) but help out the top end. Considering that I can't add much timing and fuelling is fixed I even wonder if going from 98 ron to 95ron could help considering that methanol will be in the mix. But like you say whether or not I'd see a net gain from all this is debatable.
I'll go through Rice Racings' thread. I'm actually in Sydney so who knows I may have to try to track him down. the input is always welcome
sam