View Single Post
Old 14-08-2005, 02:58 PM

Hallo,
i read this thread very carefully because i'am very very interested in the Nitro/Meth/Water inj. issue.
just to get a better overview for myself and maybe to solve some open questions i have made a conclusion
about whats (maybe) facts until now.

If something is wrong, please correct me (my open questions are in brakets behind the statements)
its just not a guarantee, its only what i have understood from reading the thread and maybe there are also
some false informations in it... so please feel free to correct and add som informations.

Thanks
Malte

Conclusion:
-----------

Mixture knowledge:
==================

- 70HP/150Nm gain from mixture: 70/25.5/4.5 W/M/N [without problems]
- unknown but good results from: 34/56/10 W/M/N
- from what we know until now a mixture of: 60/20/20 W/M/N should be possible without causing too much drama
- nobody has results from the snowperformance nitrobooster until now.
Question from me: did someone know how much % nitro / % methanol is contained in nitrobooster? and what mixture will result if using the 8oz on 2-qt as written on the homepage?
- There is a small forum over at snowperformance.net and the folks there say that it will NOT mix with water, and that best bet is 50% methanol 50% nitromethane.

- Hotrod and I (Richard L) both agreeed that you will get about 3-4 hp/100cc/minute

Dissolve knowlegde:
===================

- 33/33/33 W/M/N couldn't dissolve all the nitro
- 50/40/10 W/M/N, no separations - perfect mix
- 50/35/15 W/M/N, very small visible separation (one blob)
- 50/30/20 W/M/N, visible separation
- Acetone and Ethanol doesn't help to dissolve more then 15% Nitro. Maybe reducing the water content helps.

What do what?
=============

- Water has only a cooling effect on the intake air
- Methanol is an additional fuel so it:
- enrich the mixture if no more oxygen is brought into the combustion process.
- has a cooling effect?!? (i'am not sure)
- is needed to dissolve nitro
- brings hp because more fuel can be burned?!? (i'am not sure)
- 50/50 W/M is most effective when used without Nitro (with Nitro -> no info)
- a higher amount of Methanol can cause detonation?!? (not sure)
- Nitro:
- contains aprox. 50% additional fuel and 50% additional oxygen so it makes more hp when ignited.
- knock/pre-ignition ability?!? (unknown for me at the moment)
- cooling effect due to the relatively high heats of vaporisation
- with the higher flame temperature ( 2400C ), and flame speed (0.5 m/s), it has been shown that a 50% blend in methanol will increase the power output by 45% over pure methanol, however knock also increased

- usually used as a mixture with methanol to reduce peak flame temperatures

Open Questions:
===============

- how do i calculate which is the ideal mixture for a given W/M/N mix when i only have a Wideband Lambda meter which is calibrated for normal unleaded fuel.
- what will happen if i mix W/M/N mix together with normal injected race fuel (leaded/unleaded with high octane ratings)
- how do you calculate your WI jet size for a W/M/N mix? same as for Water/Mathanol injection?