View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Questioning effectiveness of WI - only 5 celsius less!

Hi everybody,

I'm so far quite disappointed with the effect that I see from installing the aquamist system 2D on my supercharged (Vortech stock with intercooler) Honda S2000, running with 8 PSI or 0.55 Bar, at this time running with water injection only, methanol still to come.

I did a quick test yesterday using the OBD sensors intake temperature and logging it. I've set the level to get the WI going on at 0.4 Bar, which means it only starts at about 7000 rpm's with WOT (car redlines at 9000 rpm's), so it's not injecting that much or for much time. I'll lower this today to get closer to positive pressure, seeing more injection and for a much longer period of time.

-> Any comments, what's the downside of injecting earlier or for a much longer time on WOT acceleration? Where should I start to inject, as the supercharger builds up the boost quite late?

Secondly, I only saw a reduction in intake temperature of about maximum 5 degrees celsius, mostly even less with 2 or 3 degrees celsius. You gotta be kidding if this is all that I could expect, for shelling out 900 bucks ?? I saw 42 degrees minimum on 22 degrees ambient temperature yesterday night, also due to efficient cold air intake and intercooler working well.

Any recommendations what is maybe going wrong? System seems to be installed properly, one injection with 0.7mm noozle on standard pressure right at the end of intercooler, about 15 cm away from the throttle body.

What kind of numbers have others seeing so far in regards to intake temp reduction?

Very disappointing so far,

Andreas