View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Questions on my direct port meth setup

For reference and after speaking to Richard (and a couple other smart people on this forum) went with .07mm CVJ (check valve jets).

I hate to say this but we were in a rush with the tune as we are taking the car up to Malaysia for an event this weekend, I am not happy with where we left the tune but it will be ok for this session.

Here is the dyno graph comparing the new setup against the old setup (changes being only full race manifold, 8374 IWG .092 AR twin scroll turbo and GSC stage 2 cams (previously was on MX1 cosworth cams).

please keep in mind not long after recording the 482whp setup we could not get close to this and even with more boost we could only get 450whp (which is the last few video's you saw at the track). There has been a boost leak so we suspect the 7163 turbo wasn't happy.

even still, here is the before and after dyno on the same dyno, please note it was done in 4th gear (not 3rd like in the pic).

I found myself turning gain down A LOT (was maxed out before and now with new CVJ's I am running under 50% of the dial range).

Car feels really good off boost (twin scroll) and spins all 4 tyres in 3rd gear from straight line acceleration every time I boot it.. haha so it's quick!

For reference, this is a heartbreaker dyno, stock EVO x got 225whp and recently a R8 V10 put down 386whp on same dyno..

I have ordered the M150 motec ECU and will retune with this after the event.