View Single Post
Old 15-06-2006, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAOD
I use it for knock...We have 91 octane out here in PHX, AZ, USA, and its hot as hell...! I run pump gas only in this car, so it is a challenge! I have went 10.41 @ 131 with this simple combo....

Not sure about Meth and aluminum...? But i know this pump and water solonoid are for water only....

Even with the lowered temps, and water molecules in the cylinder, i can still get detonation with too much timing. So i am trying to adjust the water, so i can run 0 timing retard, on pump gas....

Oh yeah, this pump flows @ 45psi, wich creates a non-mist. I have read on here that you can't do that. Well mine seems to work just fine. Its prolly not as effective as it could be with full atomization, but it gets the job done....

Any other opinions?
10.41 @ 131 on 91 pump is damn impressive! I've always liked the turbo'd 5.0 Mustangs. You guys are putting up some mind-boggling horsepower and E.T. numbers. Kudos!

If mixed with ~50% water, methanol is perfectly fine to run with aluminum components. The water cuts the corosivity of the methanol. That, or you can run some upper cylinder lube in with straight methanol.

As for your timing and detonation, how aggressive are the timing maps in the stock ECU? They're probably not going to be too "turbo-friendly" being that they were designed for an N/A engine. Do you Ford guys have any way to manipulate the stock fuel & timing maps in the ECU?

As for the pump, I'm going to have to echo everyone else. I'd suggest nothing less than the 60 psi Shurflo pump, and the 100 psi pump if you have a choice. I ran the 60 psi pump on a Galant VR-4 and currently have the 100 psi pump in my Talon. When it eventually goes to the big parts bin in the sky I'm going to bump it up to the 150 psi pump and downgrade nozzles accordingly. And that NOS nozzle is definitely not helping matters any either. They were designed to be ran at ~900 psi, not the 45 psi that you're at. I've got to imagine that the atomization is horrible.

But then again, I'm not the one running 10.41 on 91 octane pump piss! :lol: