View Single Post
Old 18-01-2012, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Aquamist 2d Install ? on an FD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
You can look at this link how the summer works
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=1979

The v3 summer needs primary and secondary signal. Trigger point is bsed on the the sum of the IDC signal. The summer can also be triuggered by 0-5V or a voltage-based MAP sensor signal.

The summer is designed IDC to "sum" two idc signals, boost cannot influence the summed output. The RX7 summer is an "add-on" to solve the unusual stepped sequence of the primary and secondary injectors.

We believe the idc signal contains all the information of multiple sensors on the engine. tracking this signal is a good representation of all loads.

As I have mentioned before. It you only need to inejctor water above 25% IDC, you don't need it, just read the idc signal from the secondary injector.

my car isn't a drag car.. just the oposite if anything it will be more geared twards track / auto-x . I want to run windshield fluid not straight water , for protection against knock , and cleaning / cooling purposes

I already have an aftermarket ECU , so if the deal is its going rich in the lower RPM's I can lean it out if needed . I have a wideband so I can see if its going to rich . the summer thing looks great .. but I'm tapped atm.. I want to get the car running after its running I can work on making the car perfect.

do I NEEED to wire it to the secondary injector ? will it caause the car to sputter to something ? because to do that it will be a big pain. damnit.. I'm just pissed off atm LOL I think its better to just tap the ECU harness.

and to re iterate what I understood .. at 100% flow of the secondary injector's the aquamist will be throwing out more water , then it would be at 100% of the primary?