Thread: STI project car
View Single Post
Old 13-05-2005, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
If you are locating the aquamist pump on the cavilty of the firewall area (where the washer wiper motor is located), then you can leave the battery exactly where it is.
i think i like the battery location better. it seems more accessible there. i'll probably get a lightweight batterry and more it to the trunk.

Quote:
Ideally, you should locate the jet some distant away from the throttle but if you have a TMIC, you may consider putting one samll jet in front and one after the intercooler.
we'll be installing an aps dr750 fmic.

Quote:
I have a suggestion - If the priming pump can be integrated with the system2d (via a repeater unit) so it actives when the map pump is working, you can save a great deal of work in running a long hose from the truck to the front of the car.

The existing intercooler sprayer can be activated noprmally but this time it trigger a second valve that releases pressurised water from the aquamist main manifold system.

You may need to change the factory water spray nozzle to a smaller aquamist type since the water pressure is no longer at 3 bar-ish but 7 bar.
i just spoke with phil grabow concerning your progress working on the "hydra/aquamist" project . he was really confident that all of the details would be worked out shortly. with the switch to a fmic i'm going to guess that the spray switch could be dedicated to that pressure valve.

i just posted this on the sti forum. i will share it with you.

the crawford s4 shortblock will be here on my birthday next week. how cool is that.

the following parts are ordered (or will be in the next day or so):
phil's gt65 kit
hydra,
aquamist water injection kit w/display
turbosmart bov
turbosmart e-boost
perrin 816 cc modified injectors (it's possible we may do 1000cc injectors)
perrin fuel rail kit
walbro fuel pump(s)
aps dr750 fmic
koyo radiator
cusco engine and tranny mounts
rps turbo max clutch
b&b exhaust
gt spec subframe and ladder braces
seibon pd (reverse) scoop

i'm still deciding whether to do the tgv delete ourselves, farm it out or do a core swap for a crawford unit. i also decided not to do anything with the heads at this time. i'll be using a base map from phil to break-in the motor before taking it down to md for formal tuning. any head work will complicate the situation.

i should be rolling by this time time next month.