View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Fit Buddy

Default Datsun 1600 HFS3-Help needed

Hey guys,
I have a Datsun 1600 fitted with an FJ20DET. The engine is controlled by an Autronic SM4 and CDI 500 units. After discovering your website and doing some research , I decided that the HFS3 would best suit my upgrade needs.
I have recently purchased and installed the Aquamist HFS3 system in my car. Tonight, while going through power up and testing of the system, I have experienced a few problems. I am using FIDC as the trigger. Steps 1-4 of the power up procedure was successful. After connecting the rest of the harnesses, I attempted to proceed with the manual testing. This is where my problems began. With all the harnesses connected and the ignition turn on to pre-cranking, the system began spraying as soon as it was turned on.The green, amber and red LEDs are also illuminated when the ignition is turned to the pre-crank position.
I disconnect the harnesses and double checked all my wiring. Everything seemed as it should be so I reconnected it all. It did the same thing again so I turn ever thing off and went through the manual again to see it I had missed anything. I came back about 30 mins later and turned the ignition to the pre crank position. The green, amber and red LEDs were again illuminated but this time only the water level LED on the gauge lights up even when the gauge is turned on. I have double checked all the wires and everything look fine.
If anyone call assist me to sort this problem out and get my system working correctly it would be much appreciated.
Thanks, and kind regards,
Orlando