View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 08:04 PM

Default Installed a HFS-2 system on my 335i with N54. I have some questions.

Hi,

Today I finally installed the Aquamist HFS-2 Kit I have bought from you a few months ago in my BMW 335i with N54 engine. I would say it's working great and I want to thank you, I was astounded on how much thought has been put in providing a package with everything needed for a smooth install.

I have some questions, if you don't mind:

1. I was provided with 3 nozzles, 2x0.7mm and 1x1mm. I installed the 2x0.7mm nozzles BUT it seems they are built differently and one is spraying a lot more than the other. The one spraying more has like 2 nuts on top of each other and seems a bit longer. Both have red rings around them. Do you have any idea of this problem ?

2. I am using the kit with a GIAC flash which has one Race map (16.5psi - factory is 8psi) which needs race gas or pump gas and methanol for a minimum of 104RON octane (about 100AKI). I am trying to spray enough methanol to satisfy the octane need but I can't seem to manage to stop the timing drop from the ECU. I am using 50-50 meth/water mixture with the two 0.7 nozzles and the gain potentiometer set at 50% (threshold set at lowes setting), but it does not seem to spray enough. What should I do ? Should I replace the lazier 0.7mm nozzle with the 1mm nozzle ? Should I increase the meth concentration ?

3. The system seems to not trigger at all unless the threshold potentiometer is set close to the minimum position. Is this ok ?

4. Do you have any idea how many CCs of flow do the N54 injectors have ? This way I could better calculate jetting.

Thanks,
Catalin