View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 04:58 PM

Well Adrian, I'm tripping over myself in appreciation for these data. Such carefully controlled conditions go a long way to understanding the effects of WI. I'm a little ashamed that I too have not dug deeply into the ancient literature. As a biologist, I've read back into the 19th century for thoughts on animal and plant development, why not combustion.

It also makes me appreciate how many of the crucal data points were generated in the early era of the automobile, ones that are being repeated in the other data shown on PPP. It makes me wonder how much of the combustion dogma has been reproduced in modern engines. I suppose if radical changes to the dogma had been discovered they would have been widely distributed. But in an age of intellectual property and strict control of engineering info due to incredible competition in the auto industry I'm not sure how much useful data is published.

Your idolation of Saab and their incredibly sophisticated experiments only re-enforce my esteem for Saab. Saab and Mercedes have always pushed the envelop of auto engineering with other companies following their lead. Not to say that other companies have not made contributions, they have, but Saab and Mercedes seem to implement technology in production cars earlier than the rest.

I posted my thoughts on additional safeguards to running WI, that I wrote on the NASIOC board in response to your graph posts their, in the Avoiding Disaster forum on this WI board for further input.