View Single Post
Old 22-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: System will not trigger from IDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crum86 View Post
Got a HFS3 V2 in my car which was running fine with the old EMS8860 engine management. I have since changed to a Haltech PS2000 but I can't seem to get it to reach the injection threshold, even with the dial turned right back. The IDC led is flashing so it is getting an injector pulse of some sort. I'm running 6 x low impedance 750cc injectors (2.2ohm) if that makes any difference and I'm fairly certain the ecu used a peak and hold driver. Impedance can be selected in the ecu and there are no resistors wired into the loom. The signal is wired up through the green wire on the grey plug and red is to a ign source.
I've noticed a couple of posts about cutting and soldering links on the board. Is this something that I will need to do or should I try wiring in the green harness as I've noticed in later versions say to use this for peak and hold?
The standard injector input on the grey harness will not read low impedance injectors. You need to use the green harness. But the earlier version of the V2 may not read it properly without returning back to factory for free upgrade. What is the serial number of your V2? You will also need to modify the bottom of the circuit board to active the green harness input.