View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Preturbo 335i Strange Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Not sure how your method of measuring flow but will accept your posted flow rate of 650cc/min. Potentially you can remove up to ~30KW of heat if the water is fully evaporated.

I same Jeff's oscilloscope trace of read on more than 0.06V of noise (includes back ground noise). I think your public comment on one of the forum stating the aquamist flow sensor has a oscillating signal of 0.2v to 0.8V. that is 0.6V is unfounded. I would be grateful if you can make a post to correct this finding.

All good logging device should have some sort of high-pass, low-pass or band pass filter. I guess the BMS logging software does not have this facility. This is what I meant before as unreliable.
I updated that thread just now to clear it up. The jb4 has a fat filter in front of it and reads clear for many other voltages sources. I don't think it is the jb4 but I also don't think its the sensor.

I logged the sensor with the DMM, JB4, and an independent 100hz logger. The oscillation is there. Likely it is not the sensor itself but noise as I have 5ft of line across the engine bay. I also talked to my coworker who is an EE and he suspects bad ground or noise. I will remove the sensor from the engine bay and test. If its still nasty looking, I will cut the wire at the sensor, ground it there, and install an LM7805 to control the scalar voltage to 5V precisely.

The logging on the JB4 reads 0-5V and thus half scale is equivalent to roughly half flow. That is how I got the ~650ml/min figure. That figure is also what the manufacturer quoted the nozzles to flow at, but obviously it can vary.

Last edited by rudypoochris; 07-02-2013 at 08:13 PM.