View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 03:04 PM

Default Want to change to direct-port -- initial questions

I want to tap my intake manifold (aluminum) for a direct port setup. Is it typical to tap it with the M8 tap and thread the injectors directly into the aluminum? Or would it be better to tap it to 1/8 NPT and then use the 1/8 NPT to M8 adapter plugs? Are there advantages/disadvantages to either?

I currently have nozzles in my intake piping post-intercooler. I would like to keep one there even after I switch to DP. But I can't decide what size nozzles to put where. I'd like to have an overall flow of about 1200 ~ 1300cc, but I don't know if it's better to have smaller DP jets and a larger post-intercooler jet, or the opposite. Again, can anyone speak to the advantages/disadvantages of either setup? (My engine is 4 cyl)

Is it better to put the DP nozzles as close to the head as possible? Because of my engine/engine-bay layout, the closer I get to the head, the less accessible they'll be for changing/cleaning/etc.

Oh, and finally, if I would tap the intake with the M8 tap, what size drill would I need to use? (inch)

Thanks