View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve VXR
I'm sorry to dissapoint, but the car we have with nearly 300 bhp is not a Speedster, but a Zafira GSi , hence the reason it is has been difficult to test. People really notice a 7 seater people carrier going past a lot more than a little 2 seater sports car.
OMG, that's a real sleeper (so I'm not dissapointed).

I was thrown off by the "Steve VXR", the only VXR I know of is the Vauxhall VXR 220 (which is the speedster). But I just googled a bit and found out that there are more models that carry the VXR badge.

Damn, a 300HP Zafira :twisted:

In my case, I added the 1S for protection purposes as well. I took it to a rolling road recently (temp outside 5C). Under those circumstances (i.e. cold and wet whether), the 1S didn't add much top Power and Torque.
(I expect to loose less power during summer when it's hot due to aquamist though)

But, the power was delivered faster. It took 15% less time during a 5 second run to reach top HP and Torque, which should translate into a shorter 0-60 time.

Results vary with different setups. If you have an upgraded intercooler there's probably less to be gained with extra cooling (I say less, not nothing).

YMMV

Janis