View Single Post
Old 20-09-2014, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Using Aquamist for brake cooling system!?

Hi Steve,

That is the first failure i have had with the carbotechs and to be fair to them they were down to about half thickness and had done probably 5-6 trackdays. It had only happened to one pad out of the 4 on the rear. Im hoping that the enhanced cooling will increase pad life abit more and this whole set up is 50% cheaper than the pads are to buy.

Front discs are 300mm x25mm and the rears are 282mm x 12mm solid disc and OEM 17 inch wheels.

Car is probably weighing 1400kg+ with driver and full fuel load so its quite a heavy car to slow down on a trackday. I don't mind adding a few kilos of water . Alot of people moan about the standard brakes and fade. It seems that you can stop the fade with higher rated brake pads but the heat absolutely destroys the brake discs in no time. I'm just hoping to cut the temperatures down and stop the rears from having to deal with the braking when the fronts fade.

Pump is from what i can see is pretty much identical to a lower line shurflo pump. I will stick a pressure gauge on it and video some results, might stick a multimeter inline as well and measure current. I wouldn't want to use it on water injection into the engine but hopefully it will be alright for my application

Oh and unrelated to my diy system my brother runs aquamist water/meth injection on his mini cooper s and has recently removed the supercharger and had a turbo fitted. With aquamist injecting 100% pure meth he has over 350bhp at the wheels. The car is an animal and hes ironing out a few issues before using it on track next year. He has loved the system ever since it allowed him to get 250bhp out of his old supercharger set up.

Last edited by markff; 20-09-2014 at 01:42 PM.