View Single Post
Old 13-11-2011, 10:27 PM

Default Re: HFS-3 not spraying

Voltage at 8 pin:

- key off....................no voltage
- key #2 (pre-crank)... 3,5V
- key #3 (starter)....... to be tested (don?t have access to the car at the moment)
- car running...............12V

Don?t know is this relevant but when I turn the ignition to pre-crank the yellow water level light lights up but shuts down right after. After that the gauge has no power until I start the car. The yellow light lights up immediately and 15s later everything else lights up in the gauge as they should.

I just talked with my tuner and I was told that US 03-> audi 2,7tt has this same feature that the fuel injector (+) see 12V only when the car is running.

If that is the case how should I wire the harness to get the system work properly? I?ll ask from my tuner how they have wired cars like this.

If I connect the thin red wire to somewhere else where it gets 12V in pre-crank and the system start to spray is the possible cause for this that the injector (-) is grounded and the system "thinks" the injector duty is 100%? If I?ve understood correctly the injector is controlled to spray by grounding it (don?t know if I explained that correctly?).