View Single Post
Old 19-03-2005, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet1
Thank you for replying Larry. I am very impressed with your knowledge and the contributions you make on this site, I hold your opinions in high regard. What do you do for a living, chemistry? Are you in the US? Are you in the water injection business, or is this just a hobby?

On this site the 50/50 mix does appear to be the benchmark, but most other places seem to recommend straight alky over water mixes. I do not know which is better. I use W10/M90 mix because I need the fuel from the alky and don't know if water is better or not so I throw in the 10% water. I often wonder if the only reason leading authorities on the subject say to use water is only because their kits can't handle straight methanol so they don't have much experience with it or discredit it for this reason. How have you come to the conclusion that a 50/50 mix it ideal? I know there were several studies on water injection many many years ago, but I question if a fair amount of recent research as been done on methanol, water, or mixes for water/alky injection in todays FI engines. Again, I respect you opinion and would love to hear further input.

While I agree water is cheaper, I don't think cost is much of an issue for most users. Methanol is < $4 / gallon and as you know a gallon goes a long way.