View Single Post
Old 24-06-2004, 01:46 AM

I agree ... Richard, your opinions are clearly biased (joking :lol: ) but you have an extremely valid point. I you have spent quite likely anywhere from $3000-$7500 on a high performance professionally built engine why would you try to build a cheap $60 WI system to protect it? Even if you are just looking at bolt on modifications you wouldn't realistically expect dramatic performance gains from a $69.99 exhaust system or turbo ... I mean would you even buy something at that price?

I for one appreciate the features that you include and are developing but one thing I would like to bring up and may cross post to the manufacturers/sponsor page so that it gets viewed is this :-

Many car enthusiasts use Manual Boost Controllers (MBCs) because of their reliability, ability to hold stable boost and 'allegedly' faster spool-up times. Whilst the faster spool-up is undoubtedly related to the mechanical holding of the boost where Electronic Boost Controllers release boost early to prevent 'anticpated' spikes, I have found MBCs to be better. Is it possible to design anything that could plug into the boost control line that could withstand high boost but switch to reduce boost if a WI failure occurred?

Paul