View Single Post
Old 13-09-2007, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothere
RR, oh, those results I quoted from your post were with water injection? I missed that. Were they with great quantities of water?

John, I don't always speak very clearly, chalk it up to a liberal arts education, I was trying to suggest that an afr of 11 should burn slower than 12.5. So I think we are in agreement.
Had some other example which I forgot to post up

RX2 making 578rwhp@21psi~18psi 13B running probably WtoF ratio (cant disclose exact amounts but its *high*) depending on zone in map, AF 9.8:1 to 10.1:1 Excellent power on this richer setting and not much diff to running less rich (11.2:1 or 11.5:1).

When you run leaner even with WI ratios of a higher amount you will not be able to run as much manifold pressure on normal 98 oct pump fuel (which we only use, no dyno race fuel queens alowed) which wont give you as much power either obviously.

I always run towards richer ends pretty rare to ever use some figures stated by others unless its on a car not making much power and there is more than enough cooling capacity and fuel quality to allow such things.