View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 12:44 AM

At the same time the static input of the 1s results in the pressure differential dropping fast at the jet head. While an ideally mapped WI system would peak in the midrange where more knock suppression is needed - I think the 1s is farther from that profile because of the drastic drop off mixture to fuel beyond the midrange. The input pressure is constant but through the jet is not and then the fuel is increasing during the same time the WI mixture is falling. The broader the boost range in which the WI is engaged the less well suited the 1s is the application.

For instance prior to the 2d I would frequently need to use a two or three stage system to get a good broad coverage of water to fuel ratio on higer than 12 psi of boost applications.

Were you hitting those EGTs and det in the midrange or top range?

The 2d will increase its duty cycle at the HSV going from mid to top range - but it will also is losing that pressure differential so it is not as far as the map example from the 2s document.

All my experiences are being related through my use of the 2d. Others may have comparison with a static input system like the 1s.