View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet1
Richard,
While I agree using a MAP sensor to vary AI output is not ideal, IMO it is somewhat progressive and far superior to the cheaper "on/off" systems. As boost increases so does AI output. It's very similar to the cheap FMU some of the aftermarket forced induction suppliers include / included in there kits. The FMU's are nothing more than a boost referenced FPR. Crude? Yes, but it does work to a certain degree.
Yes, but the difference here is they are increasing the amount of fuel added to the stock map proportionally to the amount of boost being run. Whereas, with the AI system, you're increasing the amount of alcohol being injected period. There's no "map" that you're adding to, and thus you won't have the curve that you would have in the other example despite the fact that boost reaches a certain level. Just thought I'd point that out.

Also, I just wanted to say that this is a really great thread and it has convinced me that I need a quality system for the setup I want. I will have to peruse Aquamist's products a bit more. I appreciate the extraordinate amount of tech and customer support made available by this forum; it speaks volumes of the kind of company Aquamist is.