View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Superoxygenation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiaresearch
Guys, as Taz quoted me:

If you are injecting 20% water to fuel, then 1/5 of the 20% of O2 in your induction is displaced. Superoxygenation can ensure that there is 10 X more O2 in that 1/5th displacement. Surely optimising these losses, with such a simple intervention is worth it. If your water is warm to hot, then this O2 gain increases proportionately.

Cooling and thereby optimising the intake charge is after all, one of the reasons that we are water injecting. Storing the water/methanol mix at freezing temps furthermore ensures that you will be getting a nice cooling ice-cold, rather than an aggravating warm to hot shower on a stinking hot summer day. I know which I would prefer to cool me down.

Stuart
Well, I am all for patent office worthy innovation. But you have a dead horse here. You have already been shown that 96% of the cooling comes from water (or whatever) evaporating. You can decrease this substantially if: you can cool your solution to -200C (in which case it is frozen) or pressurize it to 50 atm (see Darwin remark). You might get this figure down to 90%. But I doubt you will be able to run the headlights with the power left over from using your car as a generator plant for this project. What good is 10 extra HP, if you have to tap 25 HP off the alternator to make it?

The gift of water injection is that it uses solvents that are already in perfect state in our existing ambient atmospheric conditions. Potential energy for combustion when atomized. Want to make it better? Find a solvent, miscible in water, liquid state to a low temp, that has it's own vapor pressure, is mildly combustible and has a Latent heat of vaporation as good as water, with the same cost as water. THAT is worthy of patenting.