View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Why not optimise?

Hello Guys

A few bracketed additive corrections to my last post:

"Surely optimising (efforts against) these losses, with such a simple intervention is worth it. If your water is (currently) warm to hot, then this O2 gain (via such intervention) increases proportionately.

The tanks, by the way, are pressurised 8-10bar. Below 3 bar, you start to lose dissolved oxgen to the reduced gas head above the water.

I am not good at math, but it would be an interesting exercise to calculate the combined O2 gain achieved by said intervention when applied to Hodrod's setup and estimated 50'000 mg/sec of pure oxygen . I would not write it off, even if the gain from just the superoxygenation, let alone the induction cooling/air-density factor (less work for the pump also means less heat to the systemic water) were calculated. Since water is H2O and can be increased to H2O10 then we get 90% more oxygen into that 1/5 water to fuel ratio.

The point you appear to be missing here is that I am all for water, the "universal solvent". Water, being H20, is 1/3 O2. We all want O2, so why not use O2 as the pressurising gas. Eventually, when I get the regulation sorted, I will replace the pumps as primary pressurisers, perhaps completely, or maybe use them as part of an on-board water superoxygenating system.

I don't accept the weak argument that cooling the water to freezing will have an insignificant cooling effect, My cold shower analogy applies, as would untold number of even more appropriate analogies.

Show me where I am doing anything that is a waste of time. Need tank, need water need oxygen, need cooling. Agreed?

Why not fill the tank with superoxygenated water and prior to use, store it in a freezer? Are you guys just being negative for the sake of it? Seems to me to be the case. I will do it this way simply because it involves nothing more than oxygenating and sticking it overnight in the freezer.

Regards

Stuart