View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 09:25 PM

Stuart,

Nobody is being negative for the heck of it. Two degreed chemical engineers have now told you that the concept lacks reality. If I thought it was plausible you would have my ear. I'm just trying to be nice.

"Storing the water/methanol mix at freezing temps furthermore ensures that you will be getting a nice cooling ice-cold, rather than an aggravating warm to hot shower on a stinking hot summer day. I know which I would prefer to cool me down."

With this statement, you are showing that you don't have a grasp on the purpose of water injection, or evaporative cooling. Evaporative cooling is what happens after you get out of the shower (and why you quickly grab a towel on the cool dry days) If you truly want to cool off a 1200 F degree cylinder, how does a 30 degree shower water temp change help? Sure, it does fine on a 98 degree body, but if you really want to cool off, get out of the (hot) shower and jump in front of a fan (Oh, the image!). This is what happens in water injection! I guarantee, you will have the same chilling effect, hot or cold shower, once in front of the fan.

Water is not 33% 02. The oxygen in water is not available for combustion, until a force like lightning makes it available. O2 (gas)dissolved in water is, and then only when allowed out of solution (as an evolved gas, much like CO2 in the aforementioned beverage containers).

The numbers are not lying. And if I am off by only 1000%, it is still not a base hit. For the effort, use liquid oxygen (but you won't get me in the car)

But still, post your results, the father of the light bulb came under the same types of attitudes. There is nothing lost in failing, only learning experiences.