Thread: HFS-6 problems
View Single Post
Old 30-04-2011, 12:05 AM

Default Re: HFS-6 problems

Ok.
both the aforementioned power wires are now connected to a power source switched by the #2 position on the key.

On start up proceedure the system behaves exactly as it is supposed to, except the guage does not turn on, just the yellow light on the water level led on constantly.

The pump did not auto start because the guage did not turn on i'm guessing, unless that fault has been rectified by changing the power source, though i'm not sure how that would fix it.

edit/update
If I unplug the level sender from the pump, the system seems to work perfectly. Except the level sender yellow/orange light flickers and the B failsafe light is flickering.
Once I plugged the level sender back in again, the system has worked correctly. The level sender indicator light is not showing yellow/orange. Both the WINJ and water level yellow/green LED's are on constantly. One thing i've noticed is the B failsafe light will be on at idle and flickering up to about 1400RPM. Once you pass that or put any load on the engine, the B light vanishes until the revs return to that level.

I figure the more information I post here the more helpful it will be to diagnose, or if someone else has similar problems...

Last edited by Dragoneletra; 30-04-2011 at 02:22 AM. Reason: doubled checked something.