View Single Post
Old 18-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-3 Eaton Charged 1600

I have also sent you an extra molex harness (power in) just incase one of the pin backed out of the plug. Unfortunately I have not checked other pins and joints as I was very busy for the whole day yesterday, only have time to build a new valve and reflash the controller and did a general test and catch teh 4pm post round.

Anyway, I like to get to the bottom of this. If you have a solder iron, please reflow the suspect joints. Alternatively you can mark it can return the board to me and we do it on the same day return as before. If it is the molex harness, please return it back to me for closer examination.

The HFS-3 receives the main 12V power from the molex connector but it will not be fully connected to the controller until the internal relay is powered up by the grey connector's red wire. This HFS-3 creates it own switched (+) internally rather relies on the users pick the correct switched (+).

Molex harness: any 12V source but preferred a switched +12V so that the controller is totally powered down when the ignition key "off" the pre crank position.

Grey harness: the red wire on this harness powers up the internal relay so the the controller can receive full power from the molex. To ensure that the controller is "only" powered up at the pre-crank key position, the fuel injector (+) is the only place where it can be certain. This red wire only draws 20 mA or so. The other job of this wire is to reference the (+) supply voltage to the fuel injectors, make correction/adjustments to our IDC decoding circuitry's interpretation.

I hope you it make sense to you.