View Single Post
Old 31-01-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Jet Size for 360BHP WRX?

Hi, I am new to this forum and to the world of WI. Well, I have recently had my MY99 JDM WRX tuned to around 350-360bhp and I have now decided to fit the basic 1s aquamist system to my car to help suppress detonation and also to tune for more power if I can. My car has been set up with ECUTEK and is running an IHI VF29 turbo with 440cc injectors,big TMIC etc etc. My car runs on 2 maps with 2 boost settings controlled from an electronic boost controller: Low boost setting:1bar and High boost setting:1.4bar

My question is, what size of jet do I use for my application as I have the 0.5m,0.6m,0.7m jets with the kit? I have also been reading that you get all sorts of flow rates from these jets from this forum as well as else where on the net and im not too sure what jet size to use for the 10% or under mixture to fuel? I will only be using the 1s WI kit to inject water not water/methanol etc. And what would be the best boost pressure to activate the WI at for my setup as the factory 10psi setting for the pressure switch seems too low?

Sorry for all the questions lads but any help I can get on this would be of great help to me as I will be fitting and setting the system up myself then getting my car mapped again with the WI fitted for more power!

Thanks, carboy

P.S great forum by the way!!