View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 03:15 AM

Default unichip dds2

Cheers John, I'm going to have browse round your website :lol:

Although my turbo is a hybrid (60 trim comp wheel), it really is out of its efficiency island

the run was at 1.25-1.3 bar midrange which drops to around 1 bar at redline.

this is as near a compressor map i can find, and shows the compressor going out of efficiency quickly at 1.25 bar. So I have not pushed boost any further than this, althouhg I could have run 1.4, but that would have just made the turbo even more inefficient.

We did manage a 340bhp run with some mild detonation, now we have to consider that tuning for the fiat coupe is in its infancy and there is only one other coupe running greater than this power, and that is heavily modified.
So We pulled back the timing to get 320bhp, and got no detonation, but then pulled it back another degree for safety, this was with a 0.4 mm jet.

So in reality we went from 288bhp to 320bhp with advanced timing, but took a conservative approach to 303bhp. I think if we had been able to eradicate detonation at 340bhp, then a 'comfortable' setting would have been 320bhp.

still, if money allowed a roller bearing unit, would cause less heat and back pressure so detonation would be less of an issue.

Still, I've got some cams going on next week, fast road, a few guys are runnign these with good results, so I will try a remap with bigger jet sizes, and thne maybe...just maybe get a roller bearing later in the year...... I quite fancy a GT28RS :lol:

joe