View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Want to change to direct-port -- initial questions

So I finally got the time to start on my DP project. Attached is a picture of the nozzles installed in the intake. I would've rather had the nozzles right next to the ports in the head as was recommended but there were several reasons I chose not to do that. Mainly, I would've had to mount them on the bottom side of the runner (not enough room to mount them on the top side) and I was afraid that'd put them at too much risk of getting them fouled with carbon or other residue.

You can't tell by the picture, but I tapped the holes at about a 30 degree angle which I figured would provide better mixing than having the spray come out exactly perpendicular to the airflow. Because of the angle I had to use the extended tip jets. They just barely protrude into the runner which is just how I wanted it to work out.

In case anyone is wondering, I have the hoses for the middle jets crossed because I tried to keep the length of the hoses for the end jets close to the same length as the centers. I couldn't keep them exact because of clearance in the engine compartment but they are only about 1" different. I don't know if that makes much difference but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Incidentally, I have a 91 Toyota MR2 with a 4th Gen 3SGTE engine and various bolt-on aftermarket goodies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nozzle setup2.jpg (608.9 KB, 16 views)